Flint Hills Resources is hiring for a Measurement Technician in Cottage Grove, MN!
Key areas of focus and responsibilities will include:
- Install, maintain and calibrate measurement instrumentation including but not limited to, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, flow transmitters, level transmitters and density transmitters.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair measurement equipment including meters, stationary provers, samplers, flow computers and other peripheral measurement-related equipment.
- Understand and oversee the system over/short processes, ticket writing, statistical meter factor tracking, and verification and calibration of measurement equipment.
- Perform quality control testing of crude oil samples.
- Work with customers providing them with accurate and timely ticket information.
- Audit and troubleshoot measurement equipmentand processes.
The experience you will bring
- Computer knowledge: Proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and the ability to learn and use proprietary databases
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, require minimal direct supervision and have the ability to prioritize
- An understanding of mechanical concepts
- An understanding of basic electrical concepts
- General troubleshooting experience
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
What will put you ahead
- Previous pipeline operations and liquid measurement experience with the ability to install and repair various types of petroleum metering such as positive displacement, Coriolis, ultrasonic and turbine meters.
- One year of work experience in a mechanical, measurement, or instrumentation role with experience working with instrumentation equipment including but not limited to, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, flow transmitters and level transmitters.
- Working knowledge of composite samplers
- Extensive understanding of instrumentation wiring that is associated with metering
- Working knowledge of SCADA systems and flow computers, as they relate to measurement.
- Working knowledge of API Measurement standards and calculations regarding custody transfer measurement in the hydrocarbon industry.
- Working knowledge of stationary and portable provers used in liquid hydrocarbon measurement
- Working knowledge of pipeline over/short processes and liquid measurement calculations which includes the use of spreadsheets and statistical tracking of meter factors.
- Vocational, Technical, or College Degree preferred
Physical Requirements for the Role
- Ability & willingness to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, fire retardant clothing, Safety toed heeled boots, hearing protection, etc.).
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Up to 20% overnight travel require
- Ability to wear a respirator and to pass a respirator fit test
- Ability to climb and gauge storage tanks greater than 40' in height.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, DOT drug screen, and pre-hire HAZWOPER physical
- Willing and able to reside within an approximate 45-minute drive of the terminal in Cottage Grove, MN
- Up to 20% overnight travel required
- Must be able to respond to calls 24/7 for emergency response
- Ability to work overtime including weekends as needed
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- High School diploma or equivalent
We will provide a company vehicle for you to commute from home to work. We provide all required tools, uniforms and training for this role.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf