CONTENT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Do you have experience writing and creating content across digital platforms? We're looking for you – a communications professional to develop storytelling and content opportunities on behalf of Koch Industries, our major businesses and brands. This role is highly collaborative with leadership visibility, reporting through a director on our communications marketing team. You’re a good fit if you can apply strategic thinking, spot a compelling story, interview subject matter experts effectively, write copy for our external newsroom and social channels, and collaborate with many team members across industries and disciplines to get it right. Experience gathering visual content (such as photos and video), managing multiple projects at once, applying audience insights, and examples of when you made content breakthrough the noise and relate to your readers or viewers will put you ahead. Come work with us today.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implement communications marketing strategy by identifying and developing compelling digital content for Koch Newsroom and other communications channels that will engage intended audiences.
- Interview people across industries, expertise, job types, locations and seniority with curiosity, empathy, humility and respect.
- Approach content opportunities with the audience and multi-channel storytelling in mind.
- Gather and apply feedback constructively from multiple points-of-view.
- Travel to facilities for interviews and content when it will create a more valuable end product.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-discipline team from the corporate communications team, social media team, creative team and other business communications professionals across the organization to develop a strong end product and assist in channel-customized content.
- Work adeptly in content management systems and other digital creative tools to manage, develop and deploy content that supports Koch’s communications strategy.
- Help interpret insights to influence future storytelling and assist with measurement reporting on content performance.
How This Role Contributes:
- This role is an integral part of the Communications Marketing Team, which is focused on supporting Koch brand communications initiatives and communications needs that drive value across Koch’s businesses.
- This role will be a key component of building reputation through storytelling and visually engaging content for our audiences.
- The ideal candidate for this role is contribution-motivated, a self-starter, creative, resourceful and an excellent writer.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years as a journalist, communications or public relations professional, writer or related experience
- Experience developing written communications and conveying complex concepts to audiences in understandable and relatable ways (skills include superb verbal and written communications, as well as editing and proofreading)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in photography, graphic design or video content capture
- Previous experience with online content management systems such as Kentico
- Knowledge of and ability to implement SEO best practices
- Knowledge of and ability to implement social media content and/or email newsletter best practices
- Skilled in interpreting metrics to measure and influence future content
- Skills in trend monitoring and how to deliver brand messages in a meaningful, relevant manner
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf