Senior R&D Project Manager
Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging R&D team has an exciting new opportunity to lead projects related to the technical aspects of product development projects from experimentation to commercialization. The Senior R&D Project Manager will work across our network of plants and mills to design and conduct trial runs, as well as moving products to commercialization. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously, while also working collaboratively with Commercial (Sales), customers, the plants and mills. This position is based in GP’s Innovation Institute® in Norcross, GA and will require up to 50% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Designing and executing laboratory evaluations of alternative materials and processes.
- Coordinating with pilot plants and mills to plan and conduct trial runs.
- Work with external partners (suppliers) to evaluate technologies for product and process applications.
- Interact with customers on new product possibilities and product improvements.
Areas of work may include:
- Development of Re-pulpable/recyclable/biodegradable plastic-replacement alternatives.
- Coater, spray or flexo-applied functionals to improve heat-seal, water resistance, oil/grease resistance, porosity, etc.
- Treatments to produce stiffer, stronger fiber-based composite materials.
- Treatments to improve stretch, puncture resistance, flexibility of fiber substrates.
- Development of void fill, support, and cushioning alternatives
- Alternatives for cushioning in packaging based on cellulose, starch, or other bio-based materials
- Positionally applied coatings for reinforcement. Laminated products.
- Investigation of alternative use for mill wastes such as fiber-rich primary clarifier rejects, lignin-based materials, etc
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science related field.
- Experience working in a paper manufacturing, large converting site, R&D lab or coating formulation experience
- Experience designing and leading pilot plant trials and conducting trial work at mill locations
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What Will put you Ahead:
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience with the development of Re-pulpable/recyclable/biodegradable coating technologies
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Science related field
- Experience with advanced coating materials development
- Experience with extruded products or novel coating technologies
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf