PROCESS ENGINEER - PAPERBOARD
Georgia Pacific is looking for an experienced Process Engineer-Paperboard to support the Containerboard business through our Technology group. Our Technology group is primarily responsible for identifying and developing new products, product attributes, and processes that enhance the value and performance of our containerboard grades while working closely with mill operations & commercial teams to realize increased profitability from those developments as efficiently as possible. The position will be located in Norcross, GA with travel.
The Process Engineer will create value by providing process engineering support on multiple product development and/or capital projects, through all phases of the project from conceptual design to commissioning/startup. This position provides technical support and expertise to technical and operating departments at GP containerboard mills to help optimize current operating conditions, product performance, and product quality while identifying larger opportunities that may require capital or commercial investments.
With mill locations in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, and Oregon, as well as box plants throughout the country, travel is a significant portion of the job. This role requires occasional work in and around industrial equipment with occasional 12-hour night or day shifts during trials or equipment start-ups to support project execution.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working closely with the Packaging Division Innovation resources also located at the Norcross facility
- Providing technical support related to Containerboard substrates, as well as maintaining a strong understanding of the needs of downstream packaging customers
- Traveling to packaging manufacturing facilities and providing similar technical support as appropriate
- Mentoring entry level engineers and co-ops with potential opportunities to take on supervisory duties.
- Data analysis, system modeling, process troubleshooting/optimization, laboratory studies and running trials
- Explaining & training Operators on process concepts and changes
- Presenting optimization findings to management team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical, Pulp and Paper, or related Process Engineering
- Process Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Availability to work occasional12-hourshifts for trials or other facility/equipment start-up activities
- Experience analyzing data (particularly using Excel)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Seven (7) or more years’ experience in Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Pulp & Paper Industry
- Experience managing or working on capital projects
- Experience mentoring new employees, ie. ELEs/ interns
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience training or leading meetings to share knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf