Guardian Industries is a diversified global manufacturing company with leading positions in float glass and fabricated glass products for the commercial and residential construction industries. Through our Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance, energy-saving glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, our subsidiaries, and affiliates operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.(http://www.guardian.com/GuardianGlass)
Guardian’s North America Glass division is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Production Scheduler. This position will be based in the Carleton, MI Float Plant and is a key position reporting directly to the Master Planning Leader. We hire individuals who are highly self-motivated and energetic, ambitious and career-oriented, flexible, quietly confident and competitive through teams and able to lead through influence.
What You Will Do In Your Role
As a Production Scheduler, you’ll develop executable schedules for work centers within the North American Float Plant. This position will be responsible for scheduling multiple work centers and providing schedules that will optimize throughput and meet ship date requirements to maintain high levels of customer service.
- Develop executable schedules that optimize throughput of production lines in order to meet customer demand and operational plan.
- Maintain appropriate levels of input and finished goods to meet customer demands and align with inventory targets.
- Review Aged and Unallocated Inventory and recommend disposition.
- Collaborate with Operations, Warehouse, Sales and Customer Service to address issues and maintain high levels of customer service.
- Report schedule adherence by operations. Proactively escalate concerns with schedule execution to the Master Planning Leader.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of relevant experience (i.e. Production Scheduling, Production Leadership, Logistics/Supply Chain, Data Management professionals) in a manufacturing/warehouse environment (glass manufacturing preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience partnering with Supply Chain and Planning
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s degree
- APICS certification
- ERP system knowledge and experience
This role is not eligible for work sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com