Georgia Pacific is looking for an Entry-Level Production Operator for our Lumberton, North Carolina Facility. The Production Operator is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the performance and proper operation of the equipment from the dryer section to the baler. This individual provides support and acts as a resource to the other operating team members as required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to Lumberton Cellulose safety policies and assisting co-workers as required to ensure safe operations and maintenance of the process
- Monitor assigned process area and ensuring expectations are met regarding safety, quality, reliability, and other production goals
- Collect fiber samples for testing
- Inspect bales prior to wrapping to identify any contamination or foreign materials in the fiber and documenting any unusual observations
- Prepare product for final preparation, including fiber mixing, wrapping product, collecting specifications to be inputted into electronic system and labeling products for customer shipments
- Operate a clamp truck to store the finished product bale in the warehouse and other designated locations
- Perform cleanup of the process as required: (dryers, dust system, sweeping, general housekeeping, etc.)
- Re-working off grade bales of fiber through the system as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Work with hand tools such as wire/band cutters, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1 year or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
- Experience inspecting product for quality and tracking data
- Experience using HMI – Siemens Control Systems
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (to input data) and Outlook (to send and read emails)
- Experience operating a forklift
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com