Technical Sales/Business Development Manager
The Gypsum Division of Georgia Pacific is seeking a Technical Sales/Business Development Manager to specify and sell our Dens® products (primarily DensDeck® & DensElement®) in the Northwest region (Northern CA, Northern NV, Oregon, Washington & Alaska). The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for defending and growing market share for industry leading commercial glass mat roofing and wall products, as well as launching innovative new solutions to age-old problems within the commercial building space. Keys to success include identifying and building strong relationships with target influencers within the design community (architects, consultants, general contractors and building owners); OEM system manufacturers; installing contractors; and distributors. This position is a key role in the overall division and collaborates with Marketing, Technical and other Sales team members within GP's Gypsum Business. With exposure to senior leadership, this position has growth potential in role and within the larger Georgia-Pacific organization.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Every day will be different but have a focus on identifying and building strong relationships with the key influencers around commercial building design and construction (architects, consultants, general contractors, building owners, facility managers, sub-contractors and distributors). The business has a clearly defined vision and overall goals. We're now looking for a team member that will be effective in executing our strategy, with a great deal of autonomy and accountability.
Examples of efforts include:
- Develop and implement strategies to grow and defend market share
- Identify project opportunities via databases, industry associations, and local relationships
- Manage project specific initiatives to include new product launches and design professional support
- Collaborate as part of the sales process from product selection through installation
- Utilize salesforce CRM as a business collaboration and communication tool
- Serve as a technical product resource for commercial value-added roof and wall products
- Provide sales forecasts, which factor in key trends, competitive landscape, and market conditions within assigned territory
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years technical sales and presentation experience
- Experience with Microsoft office including Excel and PowerPoint, along with an aptitude for technology
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical & Specification sales experience around commercial building materials with architects, consultants, general contractors, owners and sub-contractors
- Experience presenting AIA accredited courses and other educational sessions to commercial building design community
- Experience with Dens® roof and wall products or similar products
- Experience with Commercial Building Enclosure design and construction practices
- Experience using salesforce® as a sales enablement and collaboration tool
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Engineering, Building Construction, or Architecture
- Industry credentials: (CDT) Construction Documents Technology; (CCPR) Certified Construction Product Representative; (RRO) Registered Roof Observer
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf