Production Operator (Lumber)
This job posting is no longer active.
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific has opened a brand-new state-of-the art lumber mill in Albany, Georgia. Our new mill will produce approximately 350 million board-feet of lumber per year, with plans to expand beyond that in the future! We are looking for Lumber Production Operators to join our team. These operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality. They will be key in the successful operation of the top assets of the mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to innovate throughout the facility. The successful candidate will learn the details of dimensional lumber production on either the Green End or the Dry End. Equipment that they may operate could be on the Log Line, the Canter, Trimmer, Stacker, Tilt Hoist, Planer, Strapper, Round Table or other roles supporting those asset centers. Heavy lift equipment operation experience is always a plus.
Operators work in an industrial environment that is hot, humid and noisy and work around dust grease, oil and other chemical substances. This role operates on twelve-hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, overtime and rotating shifts. Operators will perform tasks such as lifting, up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping for up to twelve (12) hours a day to perform the responsibilities of this role.
Georgia-Pacific in Albany produces Southern Pine dimensional lumber, the workhorse of the building industry. It is an affordable, strong, durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, pallets, crafting, and floor and roof trusses. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit: www.buildgp.com/lumber
Earn competitive pay & benefits, starting at $18 per hour at Georgia Pacific – Wood Products – Albany Lumber - located at 3150 Sylvester Rd., Albany, GA. 31705
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Monitor and/or entry into computer control systems
- Troubleshoot equipment to optimize production
- Perform basic asset care duties to include routine preventative maintenance and cleaning of work area
- Work as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality, and safety goals
- Operate and/or work around mobile equipment that ranges from forklifts to heavy equipment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day, in a loud/noisy, and industrial, high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One year experience in a manufacturing, industrial, agricultural, or military environment OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer, tablet, or smart device
- Experience within the lumber industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.