Optical Test Engineer
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Our team is dedicated to continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation. We provide cutting edge Wavelength Selective Switch (WSS) and amplifier technology with a comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Bridgewater, we serve large, global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support the growing need for data and communications. We are developing optical alignment techniques and opto-mechanical assemblies for Wavelength Selective Switches.
We are looking for an Optical Test Engineer to take the lead in developing and improving manual and automated test processes to characterize our NPI optical modules and help drive the team towards corrective actions. This engineer will be working within the Optical Module Group and will be heavily interacting with members of other engineering disciplines both locally and globally with our team in China.
The Optical Test Engineer will work in our Bridgewater office with flexibility to work from home. Relocation will be provided.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design and develop optical testbeds, conduct experiments, gather measurements, analyze results, and provide concise reports of findings
- Plan and conduct statistical analysis to support optical engineering team in failure mode and root cause analysis
- Develop structured code and software scripts to automate data collection and data organization
- Review and triage final test results of NPI optical modules, identify root cause of failure modes, and support the optical engineering team to drive corrective actions
- Statistically analyze large amounts of data and interpret data trends and patterns to generate actionable results
- Work in conjunction with optical, mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to develop multidisciplinary solutions for wavelength selective switch module designs
- Build algorithms and templates that can be utilized by the engineering team to work more efficiently
- Support the optical development activities in a high paced environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with optical test and measurement equipment (e.g. Optical Spectrum Analyzers, Photo detectors, Polarization scramblers, Interferometers, Switches, GPIB controllers, Lasers, and ASE sources)
- Experience in optical lab environment
- Experience with fiber handling
- Experience with C or Python programming languages for scripting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters or PhD highly desired
- Free-space optical system alignment
- Wavelength Selective Switch knowledge
- Telecom technologies knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com