Electric Motor Engineer
GENESIS ROBOTICS – Electric Motor EngineerLangley, BC
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
In this role as an Electric Motor Engineer, you will be responsible for performing analysis, design, simulation, and development to support innovation and ongoing refinement of Genesis’ game changing direct drive technology. You will work closely with a team of world-class engineers as we bring our electric motor technologies to the market.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implement an optimization approach for electric motor sizing
- Support system engineering and analysis/simulation to define electric motor system and component requirements
- Support the design and development of next generation electric motor systems with analytical evaluation of the proposed architectures
- Support the testing (V&V and characterization) of next generation electric motor systems with analytical evaluation of post processed data
- Perform performance analysis to support project initiation, and when necessary, trade studies to evaluate design alternatives
- Support analysis plan to ensure alignment with project timelines and deliverables
- Share knowledge related to the ongoing transition of the company’s electric motor technology from the R&D phase to high volume manufacturing phase
The Experience You Will Bring
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience in electric machine design and analysis
- 5+ years of experience developing new electric motor technologies in high-volume manufacturing environments
- 5+ years of experience in electric motor analysis/modeling/simulation including a minimum of 2+ years of experience with ANSYS or other simulation software in electromagnetics
- Specific knowledge of engineering mechanics, physics, and fundamental understanding of electric motors
- PYTHON and Simulink familiarity
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Independent thinking and strong teamwork skills are needed to succeed
What Will Put You Ahead:
- 3+ years of experience launching electric motor technology products with specific perspective on the complete product life cycle (R&D to high-volume production)
- Preference will be given to those with experience in frameless motor design and development
- Experience with power electronics
- Knowledge of applied electric machine design optimization
- Track record for successfully and creatively thinking outside-the-box
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg