This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a motivated and innovative System Administrator to help advance our Operational Excellence strategies in support of our vision. The System Administrator (Operations SWARM Analyst) will be part of the Koch Global Services IT Operations SWARM team that delivers operational support for networking, compute, storage, security, and collaboration capabilities for Koch Industries. Koch Industries is a privately held global company with over 120,000 employees around the world, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments.
The System Administrator is expected to work with third party providers, monitor performance, troubleshoot incidents, performance issues and outages, and provide a superior client experience. Through monitoring and troubleshooting, the System Administrator will develop knowledge of the Koch Industries environment and will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. Working closely with global colleagues and customers will provide significant global exposure to employees.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in both a Hosting/Compute and network support capability (IT Generalist). This person will have a strong passion to work in a collaborative team environment with stakeholders in a variety of regions and time zones. The candidate will be self-motivated, innovative and has a pro-active mindset (prevent v.s. resolve) when it comes to working on IT incidents and outages.
The System Administrator will report to the Operations SWARM Supervisor in the United States and will be part of a global team that is the first line of response for all 24*7*365 Hosting & Network incidents, outages, and escalations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working in a large-scale infrastructure environment under minimal supervision performing tasks per predefined documented procedures
- Working with third party vendors both during routine deployment and outages providing first level troubleshooting and problem resolution including defined escalation processes
- Ensuring escalations are handled in a professional, consistent, and relentless manner Handling application job monitoring and restarts utilizing multiple job scheduling software systems
- Documenting, tracking and monitoring various platform issues including environmental and access to data centers
- Working in a small team environment interfacing with multiple companies, customers, locations and time zones
- Engaging in opportunities to expand on existing skillset in attempt to increase knowledge and reduce learning curves
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years supporting a network environment or supporting a hosting environment
- Experience working with ticketing/incident management systems (ie; Service Now)
- Experience working with network/systems monitoring tools (ie: Logic Monitor)
- Experience coordinating and communicating with customers, 3rd Parties and internal teams to resolve day to day L1 issues
- Experience handling escalations and difficult customer conversations
- Experience utilizing critical thinking and prioritizing work
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Prior Networking and Computing experience+ (IT Generalist)
- Experience working with complex enterprise WAN/LAN/Wireless environments, including the following topologies and protocols: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, STP, Access Point basic knowledge.
- Experience working with complex enterprise hosting and server virtualization platforms (VMware/AWS Cloud)
- Experience with the administration and troubleshooting of large enterprise networks/datacenters or large managed service provider networks
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (WAN)
- Experience with Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Chef, APIs or similar automation/scripting tools
Will be required to participate in a support shift rotation covering 7-Days per week/365 days per year. Includes working on Saturdays/Sundays with days off during the week (40 hrs/Week)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.