Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which provides a variety of capabilities across many industries. Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The jobsite located in Baytown, TX has an opening for a Pipefitter Foreman.
Some core responsibilities for a Pipefitter Foreman include:
- Strong knowledge of pipefitting, tools, procedures, and best practices
- Ability to lead small teams
- Assign job duties of the crew and ensure that each employee is properly trained
- Being a safety role model for the team
- Enforcing OPD and client specific safety policies and procedures on the jobsite
- Anticipate and recognize potential safety and environmental concerns and report them to the OPD Superintendent.
- Providing records of work completed to the OPD superintendent
- Communicate with OPD Superintendent as required for material requirements and to schedule NDE for pipe and vessel welding.
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
Some physical demands of being a pipefitter include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations.
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per day. Breaks are given in 2.5 hour intervals
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs, climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or tools.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of experience as a pipefitter
- Must be able to read, write & communicate in English
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to actively participate and/or lead employee safety meetings
- Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment
- One or more years of previous experience as a pipefitter foreman
- 5 or more years of previous experience as a pipefitter
- Previous experience leading small teams of 10-25 people
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf