As a Project Manager, you will lead cross-functional project teams to efficiently implement capital improvements to meet specific business objectives. Typical responsibilities are to lead conceptual project development, front-end engineering, detailed design and construction, continuing through commissioning and post startup project analysis. You will be accountable for project development, planning, design development, and execution, including creation of schedules, cost estimates, and scopes of work. You will utilize your knowledge & experience with earned decision rights to create value in a project management environment that ensures the quality and competitive performance expected by stakeholders. This will include developing comprehensive project execution plans with focus on scope, cost, schedule, risk management, engineering, procurement, and construction.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work cross-functionally with groups to ensure all aspects of the project are properly considered, including safety, environmental, construction, operations, and reliability
- Manage / support multiple projects at KAES sites in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Brandon, Manitoba, Canada (typically 2-3 sites)
- Communicate effectively and recognize opportunities for value creation and improvements
- Manage multiple projects in various phases in a timely and safe manner, anticipate and challenge situations, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and make sound recommendations
- Travel up to 50% including occasional weekends to support Turnarounds and other critical projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of project management experience in a refining, petroleum, ammonia, or chemicals industry
- Experience managing multiple small-to-medium capital projects
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to work on field in an industrial plant environment and climb ladders/stairs
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 10 years of project management experience
- Experience in Nitrogen Ammonia or Methanol industry.
- Experience executing projects in a phase gate project process.
Remote work locations are not being offered.
VISA sponsorship is not being offered for this role
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf