Applications Engineering Specialist
As a world-class manufacturer of innovative process equipment for water treatment and chemicals purification and recovery, Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company, is a trusted source for systems incorporating advanced proprietary ion exchange and other innovative separations technologies for liquids and gases. Eco-Tec, A Koch Separation Solutions Company, is delivering value to its customers by reducing environmental footprint, stabilizing product quality, increasing productivity, and reducing operational costs.
Eco-Tec, a Koch Separation Solutions company, is currently looking for an Application Engineering Specialist in Pickering, Ontario!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Aid Regional Sales Managers and manufacturing representative network/distributors in project qualification
- Work with process engineers or independently to develop best value system configuration for projects
- Review and evaluate technical information received
- Develop the design basis
- Design process and size all equipment required
- Assist process engineer/lead to update standard proposals and application manuals
- Attend engineering meetings to provide input on process design, etc
- Provide immediate assistance to Customer Service, Sales, and Systems Engineering as required for process related problems
- Create engineering drawings such as PFD, P&ID and plant layout.
- Create detailed system operating conditions
- Prepare Process Design Packages (PDP) for systems about to sell or sold as required.
- Prepare sales proposals and equipment costing
- Prepare economic evaluations, ROI analyses and competitor comparisons
- Provide detailed and accurate supporting materials for projects
- Assist in the Sales Quotation to Distributors
- Attend all meetings related to assigned projects
- Provide occasional telephone or email responses directly to potential clients when sales staff are absent from the office
- Responsible for compliance with the Company’s Workplace Health and Safety rules, policies, and procedures at all times
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills. Strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed to prioritize and plan projects to achieve on-time completion, results, and detail oriented
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy, flexibility and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent reasoning/technical ability; analyze problems, identify alternate solutions, select, and implement the best alternative and effectively communicate the logic behind the decision to others
- Must be able to work effectively with other staff, fostering teamwork and cooperation throughout the company
- Perform other related duties as required by manager
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Willing to Travel as needed
- Must have a valid passport to allow them to travel to the USA and are they legally eligible to enter the USA
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of experience in process or application engineering
- Experience in ion exchange industrial equipment design
Eco-Tec is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.