Engineer, Launch & Application
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To develop any required document, tools, user manuals, training material in relation with the application of the connector systems at our customer’s sites. Be responsible of a flawless launch of new systems at customers and provide expert support to promote, maintain existing systems. Be a privilege engineering interface between the engineers of Molex and the field. To support other design centers about launch and application issue in China region if request.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Owns the definition and the content of the Application Specifications (User manuals). He is giving guidance, expert advice, validates, signs and releases the documents for global usage.
- Is responsible for the product training of the engineers at Molex and at customers. This training is focusing on the best practice that would offer best quality and performance. It includes all stages of the production of a harness and its application on the car.
- Is the privilege engineering support to the customer to give support on any subject related to the application of the connectors.
- Upon request and when appropriate, is validating the process flow and equipment at customers to check that it is in accordance with Molex requirements (Customer process audit).
- Owns the design of the tools that would be specific to the usage of the connectors. We usually name them “rework tools”, “Harness electrical test fixtures”, “OEM bench test fixtures”. The development of such tool is decided and done under his control.
- Owns the validation of the design of a connector related to its application on the field. He has authority to ask for design change based on FMEA, E8D problem solving, best practice, testing data.
- Is an expert of the applications on the field and provide structured problem solving support to the engineers and the customer quality department.
- Follows and ensures adherence to company and engineering procedures and document control requirements.
- Some travels, as necessary, may be required globally.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- College or bachelor degree in technical field.
- Five (5) or more years of previous experience in connector design, or harness design.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts clearly and concisely to others in English and local language.
- Demonstrated team work skills.
- Good Presentation skill; must clearly document issues, data, resolutions.
- Strong problem solving capability /Proven problem solving capability.
- Ability to build efficient and positive business network with customers and Molex engineers.
- Needs to understand our processes and quickly determine if design issue or manufacturing issue.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Seven (7) or more years of previous experience in connector design, or harness design.
- Strong ability to develop practical and applicable solutions that fits with an industrial environment.
- Chinese and English.