Accounting Manager (Capital COE)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Project Accounting Manager to support our Consumer Products Engineering team. This role creates value for the organization by providing technical accounting expertise, analysis on fixed assets, balance sheet account accuracy, and identifying transformation opportunities through process improvements. In this role, you will partner with project managers, others in the controller’s group, operations, and project controls. In this role, you will report directly to the Manager of Accounting for the Capital Center of Excellence team. This role can office directly from our GP locations in Green Bay, Wisconsin or Atlanta, Georgia or may be worked remotely from a location in the Central or Eastern Time Zone. Travel to a GP location (including overnight stays) may be required for training/onboarding. or to meet priority business demands.
Who We Are: The Capital COE team is currently comprised of 18 individuals (including 4 supervisors) in the United States and 3 individuals located in India.
What We Do: This team supports Capital Assets and Turnaround accounts across the entire GP organization.
How We Work: Everyone is expected to be an owner and entrepreneur of the locations and businesses they support. Direction to priorities and coaching will be provided to build capability but the individual will not be micromanaged.
Where you Succeed: You will be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines. Strong critical thinking skills, a clear communication style, and an affinity for data mining and analysis are key attributes you will leverage in this role.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide accounting policy and fiduciary support for large capital projects that span across the US. These responsibilities include providing capital policy guidance, ensuring financial statements are appropriately reported through monitoring of CIP/accruals/write-offs, and reviewing actuals for gaps in execution to plan.
- Partner with Controller Leadership and Project Leadership to understand and handle fixed assets accounting in an accurate and timely manner for new capital spending and ensuring that Financial impacts due to fixed asset changes are understood early and captured in financial plans/forecasts.
- Perform month-end closing activities while also looking for opportunities to leverage our offshore capability (KGS). This includes but is not limited to journal entries, accruals, and business reporting.
- Lead projects and process improvement initiatives that are complex and span across multiple capabilities
- Exemplify Market Based Management (MBM) guiding principles and drive profitable application of MBM and long term operational excellence
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related Business field of study
- Experience in an Accounting or Financial Analysis role with an understanding of General Ledger and Capital Accounting principles
- Experience learning new systems and improving processes. You will be an early adapter and advocate of transformation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Intermediate or higher MS Excel skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- SAP Super User
- Experience using Qlik reporting
- Engineering, Capital Project and/or Manufacturing sector experience
- MBA, Project Management Professional or related advanced degree/certification
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf