This job posting is no longer active.
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is currently looking for a Software Developer to work with our Information Technology (IT) Team at our Wichita, KS headquarters or Tulsa, Oklahoma. The IT team is a vital component in KES’ strategy to improve business performance through the application of technology and profitably transform our business. Working as an integrated group with the Engineering, Operations, Commercial and Financial teams that design and maintain facilities. Our team functions as a startup entity within our enterprise to develop innovative solutions and build a market for their solutions through transforming KES work processes.
As a member of the Information Technology team, you will need to thrive in a fast pace and innovative environment. You will collaborate to develop solutions and prove their value through experimentation and scalable deployment in our business. Collaboration, creativity, and focus on attaining positive business results will be necessary skills. Working in an Agile© environment, you will need to be resourceful and capable of partnering with market solution providers that can accelerate progress of our business objectives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform software development tasks and contribute to the overall lifecycle of our projects
- Implement procedures to actively improve software design and development processes
- Take part in sprint planning and execution, as part of an agile product team
- Challenge technological and architectural decisions to help better understand and improve our systems
- Document processes, code and architecture for knowledge sharing with other teams and internal customers
- Grow and develop in modern technologies, while possessing the drive and ability to support legacy software
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions, identifying ways we can use technology to create superior value for our customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience
- Strong experience writing production-ready code in Python, VB and/or C#
- Hands on experience with AWS and/or other cloud hosting providers
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, especially those in a shared setting with high load and reliability requirements.
- Experience with Git or other version control technologies
- Experience in writing SQL queries against relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres SQL etc.…).
- Experience in tuning SQL queries for performance and scalability
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Computer Science (MIS, CIS, CS) or Technology focus
- Experience in AWS Lambda, Elastic Container Service, API Gateway.
- Experience in containers, including Docker and Kubernetes, in production environments
- High initiative and a passion for driving rapid technical advancement
- Ability to experiment and iteratively find the best technical solution to a business problem Collaborate with a diverse IT team including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers or vendors to create or optimize innovative technologies and solutions
- Experience supporting a manufacturing/engineering environment Be able to communicate complex solutions to stakeholders and other team members Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities Experience working with global teams
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.