Project Engineer – Civil Engineering
Project Engineer- Civil Engineering
Who is Guardian Industries?
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOCH Industries. When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
This position is responsible to lead design and construction of various civil / structural elements for capital projects (steel, concrete, soils, other as required). Areas of responsibility include definition of site preparation, shoring, foundations, footers, flooring, building expansions and new building construction:
- Develop bid specifications, project schedules and budget estimates for engineering and design, site works, civil and structural construction
- Reinforce safe construction supervision of all site works, civil and structural construction.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead evaluation of soil samples and geological studies to determine appropriate site works and foundations
- Work with Engineering-Excellence, Regional, and Facility teams to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Develop and apply factored estimates and tracking of earned value. Perform engineering calculations as they apply to design of Guardian assets (greenfield and existing)
- Perform review of drawings developed internally or as part of contractor bid submittal packages
- Prepare equipment and system requirements including design as required, specifications, construction scopes of work and request for quotations (RFQs) that meet project objectives
- Perform contractor analyses and participate in contractor selection, contract development, and contractor supervision as required
- Provide input, oversight, and discipline-level expertise in support of other Guardian Capabilities (Strategic Sourcing & Procurement – SS&P, as one example)
- Manage all aspects of assigned portion of projects including but not limited to safe construction, development of scope, budget, and schedule throughout the project
- Perform work in alignment with Guardian C-PEP FEL (Front End Loading) proven practices and project controls strategies
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4-year Engineering or 4-year Engineering Technical degree
- 5+ years in Engineering or 10+ years in related work experience
- Travel as needed (likely 30-40%), domestically and internationally
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced Technical Degree
- Experience with dry material feeding / weighing / mixing systems
- Proven track record of successfully designing, specifying, contracting, and supervising site construction and equipment installations
- Experience with PMI’s PMBOK Front End Loading (FEL) project management processes
- Familiarity with project design basis through application and interpretation of codes including IBC, AISC, and ASCE
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Be Self-Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Have Strong technical knowledge to design, specify, procure, construct and erect
- Be Skilled to predict, recognize, mitigate / effectively solve problems and interferences
- Be Fluent in English language
- Communicate effectively (verbal & written) within the department, regional, and global organizations
This role is not supporting visa sponsorship at this time.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf