Mgr, Business Development
Job title: Business Development Manager – Strategic Account.
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Business Development Manager to join our highly visible team in Taiwan to support one of our top global high-tech datacom accounts while working for one of the top interconnect solutions in the world. As a Business Development Manager for this high-profile account, your primary purpose will be to increase profitable revenue and market share, build strong external/internal customer relationships and lead a variety of projects to exceed financial objectives and assuring our competitiveness in our operational performance. This high priority account has multiple sites both domestically and abroad so it would also be the Business Development Manager’s responsibility to maintain tight communications with the assigned global account team, peers, and business units. Such responsibility will often require remote meetings/conference calls at nights in order to conduct conversations with teammates and product management teams overseas.
Structure: Reports to Worldwide Account Manager (WWAM)
- Manages all strategic activities within assigned strategic account. Works with other areas of the organization such as: ODM (Original design manufacturer) & strategic account sales, customer service, planning, logistics, product management, pricing, finance, quality and legal (among others) to provide operational, and service support as needed.
- Keeps the organization informed of trends, opportunities, and needs at the account.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, profit goals and long-term partnership for assigned strategic account.
- Conducts research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological direction at the account.
- Spearhead ongoing pricing preparation, analytics, and strategy.
- Services the account by assuring our competitiveness in our operational performance, building strong relationships, and works closely with the Account Manager and product management teams promoting products and technologies.
- Prepares reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting business levels, identifying new opportunities, and implementing programs.
- Works closely with strategic account and Molex ODM teams supporting the full design to production launch cycle needs.
- Salesforce management – Works with the sales team to ensure reporting is accurate, timely, and substantial.
- Engineering changes/PCN (Product Change Notification) – Assists internal and external teams on the implementation of the applicable changes.
- Proactive actions to track the overall demand forecast and increase our product availability to strategic account.
- Become an expert in understanding this customer’s individual strategic business plans for each applicable business unit.
Skills and abilities:
- Sales operational skills that demonstrate the ability to successfully manage customer’s support needs.
- Strong organization skills to anticipate, plan, organize and monitor workload.
- Leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to take charge, initiate actions, make sound decisions and direct others toward the accomplishment of goals.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to build rapport with both internal and external contacts.
- Good knowledge of the interconnect industry, server market, competitors’ strategies, and plans.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Travel to customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in sales operations or account Manager role within the electronics or interconnect industry.