Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Lead
Optimized Process Designs, LLC is seeking an Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Lead (EI&C) who is responsible for leading, managing and actively participating in the EI&C engineering facets of an EPC project – from early development phase to commissioning and turnover.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Establish a "safety first" culture throughout all efforts managed
- Lead and/or self-perform the execution of engineering activities including scheduling, project controls, procurement, and construction
- Specify and oversee the design of DCS, SIS, and PLC Systems
- Development of the Instrument Index, I/O List, electrical equipment and controls specifications of process related facilities and other electrical systems.
- Development of one-line, schematics diagrams, wiring diagrams
- Review of AC power systems, short circuit, and arc flash studies
- Create hazardous area classification drawings and specify appropriately rated equipment.
- Development of the process control philosophy and PCS architecture
- Development of logic diagram, cause & effects, control narratives and control system.
- Design grounding, ground grid, control buildings, plant layouts, lighting, and perform basic calculation.
- Participate in development of P&IDs, equipment, and instrument procurement packages.
- Participate in coordination of design activities with other disciplines (Process, Mechanical, Civil/Structural, etc.)
- Participate in workshops and meetings, including risk, value, PHA/HAZID/HAZOP, safety in design, operability/maintainability, and constructability
- Develop I&E subcontractor scope of work and manage their expeditious execution throughout the project
- Provide input and assistance on best practices, work procedures, and subject matter expertise to team members as required to resolve engineering, design, and construction issues.
- Provide quantification of the scope and content for the preparation of estimates and range analyses
- Help develop and improve OPD’s processes, tools, and standards
- Provide leadership, training and mentorship to less experienced engineers and team members
- Support recruitment initiatives within the EI&C discipline
- Interact and communicate effectively with internal clients, external clients, subcontractors, vendors and other consultants
- Provide short term field support during construction and commissioning
- Provide field support when necessary to undertake technical/feasibility studies and Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Support business development and marketing initiatives
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS degree in Electrical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or higher from an ABET accredited program
- A minimum of seven years' experience in EPC project execution experience in refinery, chemical, power plant, and/or midstream industries
- Working knowledge of the design of power infrastructure and distribution of medium and/or low voltage systems
- Working knowledge of the design of instrumented control and safety systems
- Expertise in Codes and Standards such as API, PIP ISO, NFPA, NEC, IEEE, ASME, API, NFPA, PSM, etc.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Professional Engineering license
- Experience in the electrical, instrumentation, and control engineering for gas processing, petrochemical, and refining facilities
- Experience with Safety Instrumented System (SIS), DCS, BMS, and PLC
- Experience working and leading the EI&C engineering effort on large capital projects
- Experience in ensuring Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance on the project
- Field construction engineering experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf