Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
Taylorsville Plywood Mill is a non-climate-controlled mill, which means you will be subjected to seasonal temperature changes. As a Quality Technician, you will learn multiple tasks and must be able to work rotating shifts, nights, and weekends to teach quality standards.
Quality Technician support the Quality Manager in developing/improving quality control initiatives through the implementation and management of data collection systems, data analysis, and process improvements. Our Quality Technicians are "Champions of Change".
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintain reporting/documentation to meet and/or exceed American Plywood Association (APA) requirements
- Collect, process, and analyze data related to producing a product that is in specification and with minimum variation
- Respond to data that is "out of control" by assisting Quality Manager in establishing an assignable cause and following through with a corrective action
- Perform tests/trials above and beyond routine that are assigned by Quality Manager
- Provide proper documentation and organization to ensure concise communication and compliance verification
- Train operations personnel on the use of statistical tools
- Assist with troubleshooting quality problems and production issues, and developing action plans to correct non-conforming conditions through problem-solving and analyzing data
- Utilize written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with key operations personnel such as Department Superintendents (Operations and Maintenance), Department Supervisors, Operators, and other Quality Technicians as well as APA (American Plywood Association) Representatives and Chemical Representatives
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations to include wearing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer or tablet for documentation and/or record-keeping functions
- Previous plywood manufacturing experience that includes face grade knowledge
- Previous experience performing a Quality role in an industrial, or manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing, or industrial environment
- Experience with inspection methods and statistical control techniques
- Certification as an APA (American Plywood Association) Certified Quality Technician Level
- Experience with manufacturing- control software applications
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
Non-Bargaining Position. Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com