Financial Analyst (CMG)
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Continuous Manufacturing Group and the GP enterprise manufacturing leadership team with insightful financial analysis, that will ensure that the GP enterprise manufacturing stakeholders have the correct cost reporting structure to complete thorough and accurate cost analysis. This position creates value for the company by collaborating with Operations Leadership to improve the effectiveness of our operations. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an understanding of financial and manufacturing cost analysis concepts, as well as data mining capability, presentation skills, and familiarity with finance tools.
This position will support multiple manufacturing plants located on the West Coast. This opportunity can office from a supported GP location, or may be performed remotely by a candidate located in the Pacific Time Zone. Travel to GP HQ in Atlanta, GA may be required for training and onboarding. In addition to, any inherent travel requirements of the role, which supports multiple locations.
Joining us in this role, you will have an opportunity to gain a valuable understanding of the various elements of the CMG manufacturing process and gain the experience necessary for continued career growth within GP and the Koch companies.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Obtain a solid working knowledge of the primary drivers of operations and their impact on financial performance. Learn about CMG manufacturing including:
- Exposure to manufacturing processes
- Exposure to operations concepts
- Learning key manufacturing analytical tools
- Networking with operations teams
- Provide weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting
- Support consolidated/consistent reporting; minimize waste by leveraging data and tools
- Gather data and build visualization that supports the required knowledge for business decisions
- Identifying key business trends through benchmarking, KPI tracking and analysis
- Support Investment proposal process – reviewing and preparing financials
- Support process improvements for financial systems and operations reporting; improve data confidence
- Provide business support for operations systems/tools for division and TTN facilities
- Develop training materials and content for analytical enabling tools
- Drive transformation by respectfully challenging historical practices and leveraging technology enablers and automation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Knowledge of economic principles and marginal analysis
- Proactive/self-driven work habits with demonstrated ability to lead change, solve problems and improve processes
- Business Partnering Skills (customer focus, sense of urgency and attention to detail)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite with Excel skills (creating charts, formatting cells, working with macros and pivot tables etc.), the ability to work with and manipulate large sets of data, and PowerPoint (change slide layout, applying new presentation design and inserting images etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Excel macros, SQL/VBA, Tableau, Alteryx, RPA or other data visualization/technology enabler tools experience
- Data Mining skills or experience
- Experience in a financial or cost analysis role in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Capability to create visualization to aid analytical processes
- Experience with marginal and incremental cost/profit analysis techniques preferred
- KPI Tracking and Analysis, Benchmarking, Reporting
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf