Senior Test Equipment Engineer
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Senior Test Equipment Engineer
At Genesis (GRMT), there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
Genesis is seeking a Senior Test Equipment Engineer to support ongoing innovation within our testing team. You will work directly with our innovative motion technologies (electric motor, gear, and actuator). You will bring direct experience in designing, fabricating, and assembling test equipment and leading teams to meet project timelines.
Here is what makes this role exciting and unique:
- Wide variety of equipment to design and make; most of our equipment are custom and designed in-house, integrating mechanical, electrical, and software solutions
- Access to the best cutting-edge technology and equipment in the market
- Testing is for new product development and we have many new products in the development pipeline – projects are always new and never repetitive
- High growth company with many opportunities for professional development
- Ability to make a big impact in the development of game changing motion technologies
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work on-site daily at GRMT’s test facilities in Langley, BC
- Lead equipment design activities, which includes the coordination of mechanical, electrical, and programming subject matter experts, to meet project schedules
- Support the test equipment team during test readiness reviews and other test equipment related activities
- Design fixtures, jigs, and mechanical equipment for our test infrastructure
- Assemble test equipment from purchased and fabricated components
- Manage external suppliers during the design and make of externally sourced test equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to work on-site daily
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- 8+ years of experience in mechanical design and assembly
- 8+ years in the fabrication of prototype components – ideally test equipment
- 5+ years of experience with Solidworks
- Strong understanding of GD&T and the ability to read and create drawings for machined parts and assemblies
- Strong leadership, team building, communication, and diplomacy skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and multitask effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Comfortable working in both the office and on the shop floor
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Previous experience working in a startup environment
- Previous experience working as part of a testing lab or prototyping shop
- Ability to fabricate parts in a manual machine shop
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg