$5,000.00 Signing Bonus Offered!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for a Converting Performance Leader for the Camas Mill located in Camas, WA. The Supervisor is responsible for the development of the hourly operations employees’ capabilities and manages all aspects of their performance. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the product system results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability. This role is responsible for 30 direct reports and reports to the Operations Manager.
A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, constructive challenge skills to facilitate improvement, the ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous leader, and collaboration skills with the ability to engage teams.
The Camas Mill is located along the Columbia River in the heart of historic Camas, Washington across from Portland, Oregon and in the shadow of Mt. Hood. Employees at the Camas Mill enjoy the benefits of big city living without all the fuss of the big city. The mill is the proud producer of the enMotion paper towels found in the automated touchless dispensers. Georgia-Pacific recently announced that the company is investing $15 million dollars in capital improvements to make the paper towel line more competitive and the plant more environmentally sustainable.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Role Model the behaviors and actions that advance our Market Based Management® (MBM®) Culture and the organizational vision
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop employees to continuously improve their knowledge and skills, and performance to create long-term value for the organization
- Enable knowledge sharing and knowledge transfer between team members to help them succeed
- Work with area and crew leaders, manufacturing engineers, skill builders and reliability coordinators to identify and address performance and knowledge gaps
- Manage safety to support our vision
- Manage individual performance and holding individuals accountable for their results through vision setting and performance feedback
- Provide resources to help team members develop their own careers and realize their full potential
- Manage the functional leadership processes within the Product System
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of manufacturing or operations experience
- One (1) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees to improve their knowledge and skills, as well as performance
- Leadership responsibility developing capabilities and creating accountability
- Experience using Kronos
- Working knowledge of a converting operation
- Experience communicating (written and orally), and presenting to individual contributors to senior management
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf