Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is seeking a Plant Operator to join the team in Fort Dodge, Iowa. Koch is an entrepreneurial company pursuing a self-motivated candidate to be a part of the plant production team with specific focus on process reliability and optimization.
At Koch, 90% of earnings are reinvested in the company so that we can create opportunities and long-term value for our customers, employees, and society. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
At Koch, we offer opportunities for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world, responsibilities and rewards based on contributions, and competitive Pay and Benefits.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Completing operations daily rounds, readings, and duties (Monitoring pressures, temperatures, and flows)
- Perform reliability procedures and inspections (Tank inspections, containment inspections, machine health inspections, etc.
- Providing customer service in our loading area (Support training of driver and relationship building)
- Provide technical support in day to day operations of the plant to produce, store, transfer, and load product in a safe environment
- Operations of field PLCs and DCS control board systems
- Sample collection and testing of unit products and systems
- Operate water treatment system equipment, pumps, motors, control valves, piping, filtration equipment, etc.
- Complete lock out / tag out and permitting in qualified areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with computers
- Ability to perform the physical requirements for this position
- Ability to be medically approved to participate in the respiratory protection and HAZWOPER programs
- Willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights up to 100 feet
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to work in an environment that has occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ammonia or chemical plant operations experience
- Experience or knowledge with DCS, PLC or SCADA controls
- Experience with water treatment, boiler operations and mechanical repair
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf