Manufacturing Production Associate
Manufacturing Production Worker
Georgia-Pacific is hiring for a Manufacturing Production Worker position in our lumber mill in Rome, GA. As a Manufacturing Production Worker, you learn to relieve Machine Operators and perform cleaning duties such as shoveling sawdust to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, want the ability to grow and advance, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role.
Are you looking for a career rather than a job? Are you looking for the next step in your career, in a company that supports its employees and offers growth and opportunity? If you are safety-oriented and enjoy working in a team environment, you might be Rome’s next Manufacturing Production Worker!
We are looking to hire candidates for our 1nd (7:00AM - 3:30PM), 2nd (3:30PM - 11:30PM), and 3rd (11:00PM - 7:30AM) shift.
The starting wage for this position is $17.80 per hour with a $1.50 shift differential!
Georgia-Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), accident and sickness, paid holidays and vacations, as well as overtime opportunities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Remove lumber from conveyors and stacking onto carts
- Perform housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Fill in for machine operators during breaks or absences
- Work in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company production and quality goals
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- Work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, farming, carpentry, construction, landscaping, production, or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in lumber or wood products
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com