Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Forklift Operator in Rome, GA. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, computer skills, and forklift operating.
The Forklift Operator will work a rotating shift. The hours for this shift will be 5:45AM EST - 3:30PM EST and 3:00PM EST - 12:30AM EST. The schedule for the rotating shift is 2 weeks on days and 2 weeks on nights.
The starting paying $17.94 an hour and there is a $1.50 shift differential!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct daily pre-start checklist on equipment
- Maintain inventory and warehouse space in an orderly and efficient manner
- Load lumber on truck/trailers and railcars efficiently in varying weather conditions
- Operate a forklift in a traffic congested environment
- Communicate with radio
- Watch for quality control issues with lumber to prevent customer complaints
- Operate tablet/scan gun using shipping/tagging apps and prepare Bill of Ladings
- Bag wrap lumber as required and perform housekeeping duties
- Comply with and enforce safety/PPE with truck drivers
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of one (1) year forklift experience in an industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using mobile tablets and scan guns
- Experience with inventory control software
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com