(PDM) Vibration Analysis Technician
(PDM) Vibration Analysis Technician
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a (PDM) Vibration Analysis Technician at our lumber mill in Talladega, AL. The PDM Technician is a critical role within the Maintenance and Reliability team that will provide support in executing mill-wide predictive maintenance efforts including vibration data collection and analysis, supporting wireless monitoring systems, and rotating equipment reliability strategy improvements. This position will be responsible for learning to use vibration monitoring software and tools, including wireless technologies, and work towards Vibration Level I Certification in a timely manner.
The PDM Technician role supports the plant reliability improvement program through condition monitoring and precision maintenance to ensure optimal plant equipment operation. The position requires analyzing and reporting the health of rotating process equipment to proactively identify component, equipment, and system issues and recommend corrective actions. This role interacts with other reliability team members, corporate vibration analysts, site operations, maintenance, and engineering to identify and resolve rotating equipment related issues.
The position works Monday through Friday, 45 - 50 hours per week. The hours for the position are 7:00AM CST - 5:00PM CST.
The minimum pay for the position is $27.00/hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Conduct analysis of plant wide vibration data received through normal route-based collection and local/remote wireless monitoring of site assets, to include data review from various platforms including Emerson (CSI), wireless systems, as well as other on-line systems
- Perform data collection as needed for route-based activity or troubleshooting
- Conduct field diagnostics and troubleshooting of rotating equipment
- Collaborate with other work groups including maintenance, operations, engineering, and GP corporate analysts to help develop proactive path forward for equipment issues
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s) if needed and knowledge shares with operations from learning events that will improve and optimize an Asset Strategy
- Build capabilities regarding existing or new equipment monitoring technologies
- Contribute to Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) cases, failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), and reliability centered maintenance (RCM) programs
- Work toward excellence in Environmental, Health, and Safety and compliance by participating in safety initiatives, and identifying and resolving hazards with critical and high risks
- Generate quality equipment repair notifications as needed in MP2 (CMMS)
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher
- ASNT-TC1A Level 1 Certification in Vibration Analysis (or higher)
- Three (3) or more years’ experience with vibration, data collection, and troubleshooting rotating equipment
- Experience using vibration collection software/tools and equipment diagnostic systems
- Certification in thermography and/or ultrasound
- Experience working in a wood products manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com