Printing Shift Leader
Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? If so, then we are interested in learning about you! We are immediately hiring for Printing Shift Leader to join our team at our Dixie® facility in Bowling Green, KY. This is a great opportunity to play an intricate part in leading and developing employees in the printing area.
Georgia-Pacific in Bowling Green has been proudly making Dixie® paper plates since 1993. Our facility is clean, well-lit, and climate-controlled (average of 75 degrees year-round). This position is salaried non-exempt and will work a 12-hour rotating night shift schedule. Working 36 hours one week paid for 40 hours and the following week working 48 hours and paid for 8 hours of overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Guide the team to meet its objectives in Safety, Quality, Production, Cost and Skill Development
- Train team members in accordance with performance and behavioral objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and direct work for hourly employees; appraising performance and providing feedback as needed; assisting in resolving complaints and issues; holding employees accountable in a fair and consistent manner; communicating issues and results, daily
- Provide performance coaching in a timely and effective manner to improve performance
- Act as a positive change agent for continued development and improvement within a Market Based Management (MBM®) culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience with direct reports in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables, and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing);
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience training and developing employees
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a printing department.
- Two (2) or more years of maintenance or mechanical experience or trouble-shooting equipment in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf