Labor & Employee Relations Manager
We are seeking a creative and motivated Professional with experience in and a passion for Employee Relations and Labor Management to join Koch Industries Labor Relation’s team.
This position will support global labor negotiations for Koch Industries and associated Companies as well as counsel internal business clients on a diverse and challenging array of union and nonunion issues.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide interpretation of labor contracts and guidance to managers, employees and HR staff; oversee processes for review and resolution of employee grievances
- Lead Spokesperson in negotiating collective agreements on behalf of the Company within parameters set by leadership
- Evaluate and represent the Company in disputes arriving under the grievance and arbitration procedure
- Lead training on contractual requirements, as well as educating nonunion locations on employee relations
- Partner with non-union locations on positive employee relations, perform cultural assessments as needed
- Analyze existing collective agreements for operational improvements and value creation
- Communicate with clients enterprise wide and at all levels of the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including good active listening skills
- Ability to think critically and challenge appropriately
- Ability to evaluate information, identify risks and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment and experience
- Proven ability to understand the 2nd, 3rd and 4th order effects of contractual language/decisions
- Effective written and oral communications, listening, presentation, group facilitation; influencing and negotiations
- Proven ability to influence and achieve results through others
- Ability to establish credibility with numerous constituents
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver difficult messages.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3 years’ experience in Unionized manufacturing operations
- 5 years’ experience between union and non-union environments
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Ability to lead and train groups up to 50 in size
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with positive employee relations
- Experience with being an advocate in arbitrations
- Knowledge of federal and state regulation(s), specifically those relating to collective bargaining
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf