Process Engineer Placement Student
INVISTA is part of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately-owned companies in the world. This brings with it a culture of transformation and innovation which is key to our continued success and goal of sustaining world-class levels of performance.
INVISTA's Gloucester site has an opening for a Process Engineer Placement Student to join the engineering team in summer 2022 for 12 months. Our plant is dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag industry.
We are looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial student who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society.
You will have the opportunity to create real value, working hands on in a fast paced quality critical manufacturing environment with aim to improve and transform our manufacturing technology and processes for Nylon 6,6 polymers and high tenacity fibres.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advance digitization strategies to modernize the site’s manufacturing process.
- Analyse data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information that will improve or optimize our asset production processes.
- Provide site operations with day-to-day technical support in troubleshooting production processes and support the advancement for capabilities across other teams.
- Utilize designed experiments and data analysis to advance fibre spinning processes.
- Lead and support ongoing capital or advancement projects/programs on site with an interdisciplinary team to create improvements in Operations yield, quality and reliability.
Throughout the placement you will be supported by your supervisor, the operations and engineering teams, the Koch Market Based Management® culture and have opportunities for industrial training to propel forward your own professional development.
What You Will Bring
Applicants should be studying towards a STEM degree, be proactive and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You will be adept at operating outside of your comfort zones and apply economic and critical thinking to identify value creation activities and process improvements. You will be committed to learning and developing new skills.
To thrive in our Market Based Management® culture, you must show initiative, be results driven, and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.