1st Shift Maintenance Technician
Georgia-Pacific just opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama! This location receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join our Day Shift. This highly skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our environment employees, can thrive and they are encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
This position requires that you work the Day Shift. The Day Shift schedule is 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. The hours for the Day Shift are 5:30AM CST – 6:00PM CST.
The minimum starting pay is $27.00 per hour or more.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing periodic proactive asset strategies, such as maintenance routes, preventative maintenance, and other tasks to improve reliability and uptime
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Maintaining and troubleshooting pneumatic systems, control devices, hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
- Performing daily preventative maintenance routes
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventive maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Using pipefitting skills to weld, cut, fit and install piping throughout the facility
- Applying problem solving methods to identify the root cause and eliminate failures
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Minimum of (3) years of experience with installation, calibration, fabrication, and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps and lubrication
- Experience working with preventative and predictive maintenance
- Experience reading electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) year Industrial Technology degree or higher
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf