Georgia-Pacific is looking for individuals dedicated to safety to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright for our Lumber facility in Rome, GA. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
Are you looking for a career rather than a job? Are you looking for the next step in your career, in a company that supports it's employees and offers growth and opportunity? If you are safety-oriented and enjoy working in a team environment, you might be Rome’s next Maintenance Millwright!
This position is hiring for 1st and 2nd shift. The hours for the 1st shift are 6:00AM EST - 6:00PM EST. The hours for the 2nd shift are 6:00PM EST - 6:00AM - EST.
The position as a minimum starting pay of $23.00/hour and there is a $1.50 shift differential.
$3,000 sign on bonus offered!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Working any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree or higher in an industrial electrical or industrial mechanical field
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com