Global Real Estate - Sr Manager
You know us already! We make Brawny® paper towels; Dixie® paper cups and plates; Angel Soft® bath tissue; enMotion® paper towel dispensers, DensGlass® gypsum board and Plytanium® plywood you see in your big box home improvement stores and much more! We employ about 35,000 people who want to make a positive difference in today’s world by creating real long-term value for our customers.
You will be part of the Corporate Real Estate team, reporting to Director, Corporate Real Estate. You will play a major role in execution of Georgia Pacific’s operational real estate strategy; development of preferred partnerships; and support and communications with business leaders. You will be responsible for driving a pipeline of industrial and office transactions covering the full life cycle of real estate assets, from initial site selection through operation and exit, as well as the tracking and communication of project updates, economics and risks. You will interact directly with business and operations leaders; corporate functions such as legal, environmental and tax; and external parties.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead overall real estate transaction process, including leases, dispositions and acquisitions, in support of strategic business objectives. This includes organizing the activities of multiple workstreams from various parts of the company.
- Partner with outsourced real estate service providers in site selection and RFP negotiations.
- Negotiate optimized contract terms and conditions in connection with Legal, Environmental and other support functions.
- Communicate contract risks and responsibilities and develop risk strategies with internal business partners.
- Provide regular updates to Real Estate and Business leadership on transaction status, risks and opportunities, including economics and timelines, with Financial Analyst support.
- Lead rent payment processes, with Lease Administrator support, by performing internal payment functions and routine audits.
- Ensure performance of lease obligations, by GP or landlords as appropriate, such as repair and maintenance, improvements and alterations, and surrender.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in commercial real estate site selection, negotiation and transaction execution
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate contracts, construction and project management
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, supply chain, finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience with industrial real estate transactions as a corporate end user
- Experience preparing and delivering executive-level presentations
- Experience with financial modeling and discounted cash flow analyses
- Experience in property management or lease administration
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf