Georgia-Pacific is NOW HIRING for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician at our packaging facility in San Leandro, CA
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Do you work well on your own and in team environments? If that sounds like you, then check out our Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician opening
We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Maintenance Technician. This position is an integral part of our Production Team. They will play an integral role in our proactive and preventive maintenance programs and utilizing good proactive communication between departments will be critical to a sustainable Maintenance program
This position is for a 2nd or 3rd shift – Shifts are given based on seniority. If hired, you will most likely hire in on swing or grave shift and we do not rotate shifts for this role
- 2nd /swing shift is 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- 3rd /grave shift is 9:00 pm-5:00 am
Pay rate is $32.27/hour with a competitive benefits package
Sign on bonus of $1,000 to be paid on first full cycle paycheck
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in GP's safety program
- Meeting or exceeding production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Using micrometers, calipers, tachometers, and dial indicators
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventative maintenance activities
- Working in a non-climate-controlled manufacturing facility, working multiple shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Will be lifting up to 25 pounds routinely and perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, and high-volume environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 5 years of industrial maintenance experience
- 5 years experience working with conveyors and gear boxes
- Meets physical requirements - lifting up to 25 pounds routinely and perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, and high-volume environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Over 5 years experience using systems for preventative maintenance
- Over 5 years experience using predictive maintenance tools (i.e. laser alignment tool, and vibration monitors)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf