Assistant Plant Manager
***25,000 signing bonus***
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager to joint our team at our gypsum facility in Tacoma, WA. The Assistant Plant Manager creates value by providing leadership and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM) business philosophy to drive continuous improvement in safety, productivity, customer experience, cost and site profitability.
The successful candidate will be provided a $25,000 signing bonus after starting the new role. External candidates and internal Koch company employees moving to the new location when hired are considered eligible.
Located in beautiful Washington state, take advantage of Tacoma’s scenic rivers, lakes, mountains & rolling hills. Enjoy the variety of outdoor activities and sense of community Tacoma has to offer. Plus, Tacoma has a thriving city & downtown, culture and quality schools. Enjoy both city and country living in close proximity to metropolitan areas such as Seattle and Portland. Come see what we have to offer!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the safety, compliance, customer quality, cost control, and production of gypsum manufacturing processes
- Provide direct supervision to a Reliability Leader, Production Operations Manager, and indirectly supervises 5 frontline supervisors
- Apply Human and Operational Performance (HOP) principles to create a collaborative safety culture which increases capacity in our processes to achieve our goal on zero safety incidents
- Lead employees in the understanding, identification, and elimination of critical hazards and ongoing development of Path to ZERO (PTZ) safety initiative
- Understanding environmental regulations and risks to ensure operations team can execute tasks to ensure compliance
- Understanding of Process Safety Management PSM / Risk Management Plan RMP requirements in order to maintain compliance with respect to GP’s Chemical Process Safety program, including: Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Management of Change (MOC), Pre Start up Safety Reviews (PSSRs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and incident investigations
- Lead and participate in operational excellence efforts to achieve goals in the areas of OEE, product yield, operating costs, and product quality
- Utilize new technologies to transform operations capabilities to efficiently achieve OPEX goals
- Work directly with the Plant Engineer and/or Maintenance Manager to achieve maintenance/reliability goals relative to asset availability, including capital project prioritization and implementation
- Work directly with Quality Manager to understand process trends which could impact product quality, optimize formulations and investigate any off-spec events
- Collaborate with Quality Manager and R&D to modify and/or develop new products
- Oversee raw material supplies and ordering, production scheduling, and customer orders
- Work with sales team to understand customer requirements to maximize efficiency opportunities while supporting and generating value for the customer
- Provide leadership in the operation & application of technology for establishing safe and reliable operations
- Provide training to the operating and maintenance team
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to troubleshoot equipment and machinery
- Engage operators and empower their involvement in problem solving while driving ownership and accountability
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience, experience leading & developing people OR leading project teams
- Experience troubleshooting to include root cause analysis (RCA)
- Experience understanding process / technical data and analyzing that data so performance can be optimized (trends / correlation)
- Experience collaborating with safety/quality/engineering/production/maintenance to drive results
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Gypsum manufacturing experience
- Industrial maintenance leadership experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf