Chemical Process Safety Specialist/Engineer
Georgia-Pacific’s Conway, NC Chemical facility is seeking a Chemical Process Safety Specialist / Engineer (CPS Specialist / Engineer). If you aspire to contribute to a stimulating environment and drive process safety performance and compliance for the chemical industry, we are interested in learning more about you! While this position is not a supervisory role, it is a leadership role in the facility and will be responsible for managing our chemical safety process.
CPS Specialists / Engineers create value by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. The CPS vision and strategy must be consistent with facility health and safety strategies as well as Process Safety Management (PSM) guidelines and requirements as defined by OSHA. It is imperative that sustainable management systems are developed, implemented, and followed. CPS Specialists / Engineers drive safety excellence and performance improvement through culture change by coaching and developing the facility team.
To learn more about Georgia Pacific’s Chemical division, please visit: http://www.gp-chemicals.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Communicating company and division Health & Safety / CPS vision, expectations, strategies, and initiatives to facility personnel
- Ensuring the facility has prioritized (risk-based), actionable strategies and that effective metrics are utilized to monitor progress and performance
- Challenging and coaching facility personnel on current safety concepts, commitment, ownership, risk tolerance, practices, and conditions
- Acting as a safety champion, leader, and mentor to assure team understanding and buy-in through observation, questioning, and discussion
- Coaching, developing, and evaluating performance of facility personnel identified as compliance standard owners in areas of risk and compliance decision-making, management system development/improvement, and project management
- Developing and using risk assessment methods and tools for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards. Managing and assisting with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities
- Assessing and improving employee ability to identify and manage risk, and to flawlessly execute critical safe work practices
- Managing processes in place to effectively meet compliance requirements
- Facilitating the development and use of effective training, change management, incident investigation, and self-assessment processes
- Possessing a working knowledge of OSHA, PSM, and RMP – MOC, PHA, PSI, etc.
- Seeking out and facilitating knowledge sharing opportunities (e.g., risks, best practices, common audit findings, lessons learned) while fostering peer communication and interaction of teams
- Managing, tracking, and reporting issues, initiatives/projects, incidents, assessments/audits, and safety performance for the facility
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Safety, Industrial Hygiene OR three plus (3+) years of manufacturing experience having the core responsibility for process safety compliance (ex: implementation of a PSM program, building/developing program)
- Process safety experience in a PSM facility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in managing a PSM-covered process
- Process Engineering experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA’s health and safety regulations
- Formal PHA training or experience leading PHA sessions
- Experience with software systems (i.e.: PHA Leader, Impect, Air Systems, Incident Reporting Action Plan Tracking)
- CSP or CIH, or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification
- Experience leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf