Georgia-Pacific Green Bay Operations is seeking to hire a Safety Specialist. This is a salaried position that will report to the Manager of Safety & Health Services at the Green Bay Broadway Mill and support all Green Bay operations. Specifically, this position would assist in general safety compliance, contractor safety, risk reduce and hazard analysis, industrial hygiene, emergency response, risk assessments, loss prevention, machine safeguarding, and other safety compliance standards as assigned. The employee that aligns with our company values will find fulfillment in being a role model and coach for other employees in regard to compliance and achievement of corporate safety objectives.
Green Bay offers year-round recreation with 19 ski resorts within 100 miles and fishing and boating on rivers and the Great Lakes. The airport has direct flights to Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Las Vegas and Milwaukee. Education is a top priority for the community with two universities and local colleges in close proximity. A low-cost of living affords residents the chance to enjoy all these attractions
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, coach and develop employees utilizing the MBM® Guiding Principles and Framework
- Identify hazards and evaluating risk in existing or future equipment, processes, and operations
- Ensure facilities have prioritized, actionable strategies and effective metrics to monitor progress and performance
- Enhance the capability in the development and implementation of fundamental safety programs. Fundamental programs include, but are not limited to Fall Protection, Industrial Hygiene, Confined Space, Emergency Response, Lock Tag Verify, Hazard Communication, Incident Investigation, Mobile Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment, and others.
- Work with all aspects of Safety & Health programs, including continuous improvement, compliance standard ownership and subject matter expertise
- Provide a visible safety presence in the field with operations, maintenance, and contractor work groups
- Provide support to the contractor safety management program, machine safeguarding, safety design standards, Human & Organizational Performance and others as assigned
- Development and delivery required regulatory training and orientation
- Perform Hazard Identification Risk Assessments (HIRA) and other risk assessments
- Develop the capability to conduct effective incident investigations to identify learning opportunities and improving our capacity to fail safely.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to facilitate ownership for safety at all levels
- Development of Facility Risk Assessments (FRA) and Department Risk Assessments (DRA)
- Lead safety audits, inspections and interactions with government agencies
- Work independently with vendors on finding solutions to safety opportunities
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Contractor Safety or other safety related field, OR three (3) or more years working experience in a safety & health, engineering or leadership role
- Safety experience in a manufacturing or industrial facility
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification
- Other Certificate or Certification in Safety or a Safety Related Field
- Experience with OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926, NFPA Codes, ANSI
- Experience and knowledge in recognizing and mitigating hazards
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience of Safety & Health work in manufacturing, paper, converting or construction
- Experience establishing sustainable systems for compliance and continuous improvement
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf