Enterprise Data – Governance & Policy Manager
The Governance and Policy Manager for enterprise data partners tightly with the local data offices leads, Enterprise Data Product team, and business owners to understand use of enterprise data, gaps in ownership and governance to actively identify and manage that data as a company-wide asset. This includes all aspects of building out and managing a team of data stewards. This role is responsible for developing a cadence for change management, establishing a healthy challenge process for new requests, and ensuring data quality control is managed and monitored within and across the businesses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Build and continually develop a team of data governance professionals to manage enterprise data for GP
- Establishes rules, definitions, and governance procedures related to the creation, maintenance, and usage of enterprise data (HR, IT, Real Estate, etc.)
- Collaborates with the local data governance teams and business leaders to document metadata derivation, data quality, and usage rules for reference and training
- Defines data quality metrics and tracking methods, schedule routine business level assessments
- Partners with business stakeholders to perform root cause analysis when data issues arise and provide guidance and assistance in the data cleansing process
- Drives master data considerations for stewarded data, collaborating with business and IT leadership to ensure thorough consideration of upstream and downstream implications
- Ensures that requests for new master data have been thoroughly vetted and challenged by business stewards before being raised to the corporate team
- Informs policy development and training on enterprise data that can be adapted for Segment/Capability usage. Participates in training plan design and rollout for tools and processes related to governance
- Builds and maintains a data stewardship/ownership model for continually cleansed enterprise data
- Enforces and monitors adherence to the master data definitions
- Provides requirements for enterprise policies around master data
- Utilizes data quality reports and uses those to monitor and rectify master data disconnects and anomalies
- Ensures proper sourcing and usage of enterprise data in downstream systems
- Identifies new requirements or emerging needs associated with existing master data
- Reviews requests for additions or changes through partnership with key data stakeholders
- Coordinates with key data stakeholders across the enterprise on new metadata property definitions, performs impact assessments, ensures that data property usage is harmonized across the organization, and captures specific usage so that lineage may be understood
- Ensures data governance is properly represented on projects where enterprise managed data is used and owns resolution of data issues that arise
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, Business or related work experience
- At least 5 years management experience in a leadership role working across multiple capabilities
- Experience leading large, enterprise-wide initiatives
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, 5and MS SharePoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- SQL experience or other data profiling experience
- Experience with data cataloging and data quality tool
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf