Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic at our facility in Memphis, Tennessee. These team members create value by safely and efficiently troubleshoot, repair, and install equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in this position will have exciting opportunities for advancement.
Starting pay is $28.70/hr with an increase to $31.63/hr after 90 days for qualifying applicants
Shift is day shift but some flexibility required when needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely and efficiently troubleshoot, repair, and install equipment in compliance with all plant codes, policies and procedures
- Repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, pneumatic/hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production lines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments
- Respond to all mechanical maintenance issues throughout the Mill
- Commit to learning the process, flows and equipment across the mill
- Flexibility to work a 8, 10, and 12 hour shift, holidays, weekends, overtime, and call ins as required
- Maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to including wearing safety equipment
- Working in a loud/noisy, hot, cold, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Work safely following proper guidelines around sulfuric acid, caustic and chlorine
- Working with gears, sheaves, hubs, and shafts to attain proper fit and clearance of equipment and drive components
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- At least five (5) years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, or two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with a two year technical degree
- Experience with conveyors, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics and fabrication
- Experience with pumps, packing, seals, piping, valves, fasteners, gaskets
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, aligning and working with, power transmission, bearings, gearboxes and drive systems Experience reading maintenance schematics / blueprints
- Experience diagnosing mechanical problems using various tools and computers
- Experience working with preventative, predictive, and reliability- based maintenance practices
- Experience with hi-pressure steam and other hazardous chemical systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous Pulp and Paper Mill experience
- Previous experience with fabrication and welding
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic
- Previous experience with laser alignment of rotating equipment, and precision work practices
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf