Electrical Project Engineer- Power Distribution
This position offers a $10,000 Signing Bonus!
Georgia-Pacific is searching for an Electrical Project Engineer for the Green Bay Operations Engineering Team. This position is responsible for project engineering and providing technical expertise to support the sites in Green Bay, WI. The Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible for the electrical project development, design, procurement, construction, and startup of various projects with a strong focus on power distribution. This engineer will have a direct impact on safety, reliability, cost reduction, and process improvement at our facilities.
At Georgia-Pacific, you will work for a company that values your skills and knowledge. We won’t just offer you a job, but a career that allows you to grow, learn and innovate as an individual. Our Green Bay Broadway Mill recently celebrated its 100-year anniversary, has a long history of community involvement and sustainable practices and is one of the world’s largest recyclers of wastepaper. To learn more about what we do there, please go to: www.gp.com/Company/Company-Overview/Locations/Green-Bay
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop scopes, estimates, and schedules for electrical portions of projects
- Prepare specifications and bid packages for electrical equipment and installation services, participating in the bid evaluation and selection
- Project field engineering, including construction, startup, and commissioning support
- Prepare project status reports and related communications
- Provide oversight of external engineering resources in support of projects
- Support project budgeting, spending forecasts, project scheduling and procurement
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR in lieu of a degree, three (3) or more years of electrical engineering experience
- Electrical engineering experience in power distribution
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for developing basic spreadsheets with engineering formulas
- Experience using Microsoft Word to generate reports and letters
- Working knowledge in identifying and applying NEC requirements that affect industrial installations
- Experience estimating engineering costs and developing schedules based on a project scope
- Experience estimating construction costs for projects
- Experience generating and assembling specifications, drawings and compliance documents for construction project bidding
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years of electrical engineering experience in power distribution
- Experience designing power distribution systems up to 600V
- Experience designing power distribution systems up to 15,000V
- Experience independently modeling and doing arc flash calculations using ETAP or EasyPower
- EIT Certification in at least one state
- PE Certification in at least one state
- Experience interpreting and applying NFPA and OHSA requirements pertaining to electrical safe work practices
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com