Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products mill in Pennington, AL is seeking qualified individuals to consider for an Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Planner to provide E&I planning support in the Pulp Mill/Woodyard Operations area. This position reports to the E&I Maintenance Leader for the back-end of the mill and collaborates with E&I Supervisors and E&I Technicians as well as other maintenance and operations personnel. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market-Based Management®.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Achieve 100% compliance in all aspects of safety while helping to identify critical hazards and control critical risks within pulp mill and woodyard
- Actively plan and prioritize work requests from area gatekeeper and manufacturing engineer’s
- Plan and estimate cost for routine E&I maintenance work and coordinate contracted work
- Identify and implement improvements that result in year over year improvements in maintenance costs
- Identify job hazards, materials, and permit requirements to ensure a safe working environment
- Work with other salaried and hourly personnel to ensure the necessary tasks for equipment productivity and reliability are accomplished as planned and maintenance manpower utilization is optimized
- Develop Model Work Order’s for routine work - Maintain and update area maintenance backlog and work order status
- Work with the Reliability Team to develop a plan for improving equipment reliability and insuring all preventive and predictive maintenance required for the equipment is executed as scheduled to maximize equipment reliability
- Review all executed jobs for accuracy and identify gaps or opportunities for improvement
- Participate in all root cause analysis (RCA) investigations to help improve equipment reliability
- Develop Precision Maintenance documentation for internal and external labor
- Maintain accurate equipment lists and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Develop and execute small project plans
- Assist Outage Planner as needed to develop and plan jobs for periodic outages and the yearly mill-wide outage
- Maintain area equipment histories and technical support documentation
- Serve as a resource for weekend duty rotation
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of electrical experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or construction environment
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must work rotating weekend duty (usually every 8 weeks)
- Must work extended hours when necessary
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree or Certification in Electrical & Instrumentation Technology
- E&I Planning/Scheduling experience in a pulp mill environment
- Experience with SAP and/or Passport
- Experience with wood pulping equipment
- Instrumentation and controls experience
- Experience with continuous and batch digesting equipment
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola, Alabama, operations is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, and Dixie® napkins, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf