Process Controls Engineer
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions is looking for a Process Control Engineer to join our St James Methanol Team! The location for the role will be at our production site in St. James, LA. The successful candidate will support the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the facilities Methanol plant. The key focus for the site is to develop and sustain capability, requiring close collaboration with process & operations staff as well as other support team members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure Advanced Process Controls (APC) is being leveraged and in alignment with business vision.
- Identifying control improvement opportunities and advanced control opportunities that align with Koch’s business goals for our operating plants
- Identify high value opportunities to automate equipment & plant processes.
- Working with Operators to discuss and review control performance issues
- Improved site reliability thought effective process controls technology, systems & capability.
- Ensure production opportunities are optimized through the use of process controls.
- Provide a competitive technology advantage to Koch Methanol St. James.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 years’ experience with advanced process controls (APC)
- Strong knowledge and background in DCS programming
- Prior experience in a chemical processing facility in the capacity of “process controls” OR “automation engineering”
- Availability to travel within the US for conferences or trainings
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Prior experience working with Emerson Delta V Distributed Control System
- Siemens PLC knowledge & experience
- Prior experience working in Methanol facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf