Multi-Craft Maintenance & Electrical Technician
Multi-Craft Maintenance & Electrical Technician
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Multi-Craft Maintenance & Electrical Technician for the Emporia, VA facility. The Multi-Craft Maintenance & Electrical Technician role is an experienced skilled crafts position that will create value by maintain and improving machine reliability and uptime by performing important electrical and mechanical duties on all plywood manufacturing equipment. The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician position supports the long-term quality, production, and safety standards of the organization.
Rate of Pay : $33.04 per hour. Opportunities for promotion. Excellent benefits package.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, repair and maintain industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Help meet or excel production efficiency and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480-volt, 3 phase power, as well as lower voltages
- Diagnosing problems with 3 phase electric motors and motor starters that operate in these electrical systems
- Working with Relay Logic control circuits and able to safely troubleshoot these types of circuits using Ladder Logic Diagrams, schematics, Piping/Instrumentation diagrams, Electrical instrumentation, and meters
- Using knowledge of National Electric Code and compliance to the code
- Work quickly and efficiently with good hand dexterity
- Proficiently use basic hand tools
- Possessing reading comprehension skills with ability to understand and carry out complex written instructions
- Possessing good handwriting skills with the ability to write logically, having the ability to accurately convey an understandable written message or statement
- Using deductive reasoning during electrical diagnostic processes
- Possessing mechanical aptitude, with proficient ability to comprehend how mechanical and electrical apparatuses work
- Working safely within the guidelines of a comprehensive safety program
- Determining code requirements for electrical installations
- Installing all types of conduit as listed in National Electrical Code
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing, and electrical/mechanical instrumentation
- Align Mechanical Equipment using Laser alignment equipment
- Troubleshoot, Repair, Replace and align mechanical Equipment to include but not limited to Motors, Bearings, Pumps, Gearboxes, Conveyer components, Hydraulic components, Pneumatic components, and Belt drive systems
- Open to work any shift including, nights, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime
- Performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
- Own projects as deemed necessary
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of Industrial Mechanical Maintenance experience. Should include troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability/uptime
- At least 3 years of experience working as an Industrial Troubleshooting or Diagnostic Electrician
- Experience in Industrial Motor Controls (PLC, motor controls, control valves, electrical distribution, industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, & temperature)
- Experience working with electrical, PLC’s, AC/DC motors and drive controls
- Experience in reading drawings and schematics for: advanced hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, tap charts, basic layout, blueprints, and precision measurement; including knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets, gear boxes, troubleshooting, and precision alignment of motors and couplings
- Experience with a cutting torch, brazing and welding
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of Industrial Electrical apprenticeship program
- Experience with electrical and process control methodology
- Experience in root cause analysis or troubleshooting procedures
- Experience with CMMS systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com