At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our facility in Albion, Michigan is looking for a 2nd shift Industrial Mechanical Technician to join their team. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals. The Maintenance Technician will work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. This position pays $28.50-33.50!!/hour depending upon candidate qualification(s).
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instruments
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance activities
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of industrial electrical and mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience working with 240/480-volt 3 Phase motors
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience with PLC interface pattern control
- Experience working with hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Must provide your own metric and standard tools, e.g.: socket and wrench sets and Allen T-handles
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) year or higher degree in Industrial Technology
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience programming PLCs
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf