Director - Advanced Manufacturing
GP Discrete Manufacturing Group (Building Products and Corrugated Operations) is seeking a talented individual for our Director – Automation and Digital Transformation role. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and mentor team members to apply MBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Support business segments in the development and prioritization of their automation portfolio
- Champion the identification of new technology and innovative solutions required to advance automation and remote monitoring strategies
- Strengthen the advancement of proven technology applications (e.g., Automatic Guided Vehicles)
- Substantiate automation project economic analysis to ensure our most recent point of view was used in the evaluation process (e.g., labor cost and availability)
- Provide status updates on specific automation strategies with leadership
- Maintain collaborative relationships with other departments/divisions by insisting on a cooperative mindset and fostering open communication
- Support the advancement of asset based remote monitoring strategies through the Collaboration and Support Center (CSC)
- Further develop the capability of the Collaboration and Support Center (CSC) by supporting the application of new tools and technology, building a collaborative network, leveraging data scientist and other CSC resources to solve issues
- Develop and implement a process to connect site performance with the overall remote monitoring strategy (RMS)
- Advance the remote monitoring strategy (RMS) to ensure high value opportunities are the focus and the overall effort does not become diluted with lower value work
- Ensure necessary workflow adjustments are made to ensure timely responses to insights. Develop new tools where necessary to expedite the workflow
- Identify new technology applications that support monitoring of critical or high value processes
- Foster and support asset-based networks to drive overall improvement in performance by reducing operating and maintenance strategy variation
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years at a site manager or divisional leadership role
- Experience with project analysis and execution strategies
- At least 5 years of technical operations experience in a manufacturing environment, experience MUST include:
- Management of facility technical department
- Experience with maintenance, reliability, manufacturing process best practices
- Mentoring/coaching/developing facility leadership
- Travel up to 30% (including some overnight travel)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience with Process Engineering (5S, DMAIC, Kaizen, value-stream mapping, etc.)
- Experience with data management, software tools, and Process Control fundamentals
- Experience with IoT and digital transformation
- Experience with mechanical reliability fundamentals (RCA, Maintenance programs, FMEA, etc.)
- Experience with managing projects / initiatives and working with plant operations to execute
- Experience with developing and implementing automation projects
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf