Lead Piping Designer
Koch Specialty Plant Services (KSPS) is seeking a Lead Piping Designer to work in the Houston office.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepare new designs for piping systems to complement Koch Engineered Solutions equipment system installation or modification projects.This will include the layout, design, and detailing of piping and related systems following specifications as instructed.
- Prepare equipment, piping and related system layouts in addition to misc. supports, brackets, fittings, etc…
- Developing, interfacing, and maintaining a good working relationship with Sales, Project Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing/Construction, and our customers.
- Assisting in the maintenance of product standards and master drawings as well as files on assigned projects.
- Developing a high level of proficiency in all applicable products in an effort to maximize productivity.
- Must be a self-starter with little to no guidance on projects.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-checker of all work released.
- Some travel required for site visits, field measurements, verification, etc…
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10+ years’ design/drafting experience related to piping systems
- 10+ years' experience in AutoCAD, CADworx, PDMS, AutoCAD Plant 3D, or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in Inventor or equivalent
- Significant experience working with and preparing Isometric piping drawings
- Working knowledge of Codes and Standards (PIP, ASME, AISC and B31.3)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 15+ years’ design/drafting experience related to piping systems
- 10+ years of working in the field with piping (Would we want to say shop or field experience related to piping?)
- 15+ years' experience in CADworx, AutoCAD Plant 3D, PDMS, or Smart Plant
- 10+ years' experience Inventor, ProEngineer, or Solidworks
- 5+ years' experience Advanced Steel
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf