Master Data Steward
The Master Data Analyst is responsible for master data control across all systems within the SS&P organization. This includes analyzing, monitoring, updating, and developing requirements for key master data attributes such as Taxonomy, Currency, Ship to, Bill to, Inco Terms, etc. You will work in conjunction with the Category Managers, Tax/Accounting, IT, Decision Analytics, SS&P Systems & Process leads etc.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the maintenance, cleansing and transformation of master data attributes across key business domains.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Design and manage data standards for SS&P reporting & analytics in consultation with key business stakeholders like Accounting, Finance, Tax, Decision Analytics, IT etc.
- Utilize standard set of tools to effectively manage the master data change process. Standardize data conventions, processes.
- Leverage processes and tools to execute data migration and ensure the development of master data creation and management procedures.
- Support with data entry for indirect materials such as MRO, Raw Materials, Vendor Master and any discontinuation through the defined processes.
- Manage the efforts to identify, troubleshoot, cleanse, organize and update data on an on-going basis.
- Lead audits of master data in SS&P systems for compliance to our policies and processes.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems.
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Work closely with the business/IT/PowerBI teams to ensure alignment of master data rules and processes meet all requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Data Extraction: Ability to extract and query data from our source and legacy systems (e.g., CMS, Procurement, Coupa, M3, Ecosys, Infor EAM, etc.).
- Data Validation: Knowledge of and ability to understand and resolve data inconsistencies or variances.
- Information Systems: Ability to access, analyze and use information in a manner that adds value to the organization. Ability to propose system enhancements based upon knowledge of business needs.
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance; Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics for master data and procurement department; Ability to measure against those standards; Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics.
- Requirements Planning: Knowledge of how to plan and meet service requirements to support ongoing business.
- Software Applications: Knowledge and use of our technical software applications appropriate to the specific work activities.
- Strong computer skills: Excellent Excel skills, strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, and other MDM tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming in a professional environment.
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems.
- Experience working with company hardware and software products to make sound recommendations.
- Experience working with relational databases.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, or related field preferred.
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to the data quality. Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems
- Ensures development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers, and management.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of transactional systems/ERP like Infor, Coupa, Epicor etc. highly desirable.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com