We are currently recruiting for Spinning Technicians to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Camden, SC. INVISTA’s Camden facility has been proudly producing Nylon fibers for over 50 years. These fibers can be found in consumer products such as Nylon flake used in automotive airbag fibers, and more. This position creates value by safely operating and maintaining our equipment to meet production goals and by creating a quality product for our customers. Employees that show the initiative and desire to take on additional responsibilities and the ability to acquire new skills will have the opportunity to build a career at INVISTA.
Work Schedule:• Rotating 12-hour shifts. (36 hours one week, 48 hours the following week)
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Safely operate manufacturing equipment primarily in the production area
• Read and properly apply procedures and perform quality checks
• Identify and segregate product according to quality standards
• Data entry into multiple computer systems
• Take corrective actions per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Perform general and detailed housekeeping
• Good communication skills - both written and verbal
• Work with minimal supervisory guidance and function in a team environment
• Exercise good teamwork in accomplishing area goals
• Think critically and resolve problems
• Perform job related tasks in a high speed manufacturing environment
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple tasks, adapt to change well and be resourceful in problem solving on a
• Ensure an understanding of work processes, fully engage in the process and use it as the only method to get work
• Mechanical Aptitude for maintenance work
• Help transform areas with Ownership Based Work Systems.
• Above all will be expected to carry out all activities with integrity, compliance and in a safe and efficient manner.
Required Education & Experience:
High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years previous manufacturing or related experience
- Experience with computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Previous experience troubleshooting in a manufacturing setting
- Previous experience with polymers, extrusion, or plastics
Physical Requirements &Working Conditions (Ability to perform these requirements with/or without accommodation):
• Repeated lifting up to 50lbs may be required.
• Walking, climbing, squatting, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
• Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing personal protective equipment
• Work a twelve (12) hour shift to include, weekend & holiday hours
• Work in a hot/humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf