Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Manager of S&OP who will be a vital member of the GP Gypsum Sales and Operations Planning Team (S&OP). The individual in this role will be dynamic and driven and will create value for the business by developing and implementing supply chain strategies that improve product availability and result in network optimization. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and possess a high degree of analytical skills and resourcefulness. Success also requires effective partnering across multiple capabilities, resulting in a shared point of view. This role will be the primary owner of the monthly demand planning processes while also leading and/or supporting other Integrated Business Planning analyses.
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is one of North America's leading producer of Gypsum products.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
Successfully Hired Candidates will be eligible for a $10,000 Sign On Bonus
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide decision support for S&OP recommendations (plant staffing, assortment, inventory builds, warehouse locations, out-of-market sourcing, etc.)
- Develop demand forecasts across multiple levels of aggregation and time horizons
- Improve division forecast accuracy by leveraging statistical and algorithmic (ML and AI) models, forecast value added (FVA) processes, customer relationships, external information, and current planning tools/knowledge systems
- Maintain the accurate flow of data into and out of Demand Planning and Supply Planning knowledge systems limiting forecast error and network sub-optimization
- Lead monthly S&OP demand review meetings with Sales, Finance and leadership
- Ensure key metric (KPI) reporting is in place that facilitates root cause analysis driving improvements in forecasting error, product availability, scheduling adherence, and reducing out of market shipments
- Continually look for ways to innovate inside the planning capability; stay current with supply chain industry leading knowledge, concepts, and technology while practically applying to create value
- Exemplify Market Based Management (MBM) guiding principles and drive profitable application of MBM and long-term operational excellence
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Data Science, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a relevant Business or IT field
- Progressive career experience in S&OP, IBP, finance operations, data analysis, demand forecasting, or related capability
- Experience identifying and closing gaps, by applying strong analytical and problem‐solving capabilities; including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data from a variety of sources, establish facts, draw valid/profitable conclusions, and influence others through effective communication
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills (complex functions, pivot tables, BI cubes, and connecting to external data sources using ODBC connections)
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL or Access to create basic data queries
What Will Put You Ahead
- Manufacturing sector experience
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) experience
- Experience using a linear program for network optimization (i.e. Aspen SCM, Infor Network Design, Llamasoft, JDA Network Design, SAP APO Supply Chain Engineer, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis/visualization tools beyond Microsoft Excel (i.e. Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, VBA, Hyperion, SQL, etc.)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf